Thursday 23 July 2020
Dear Members and Guests,
Since re-opening in June, the team here at Blacktown RSL have been working hard to keep your Club Covid-Safe. We have implemented a Covid Safety Plan and we are a registered CovidSafe Venue.
As part of our Covid Safety Plan we have implemented the following measures and procedures to ensure that our community remains safe and to help prevent the spread:
- Regular cleaning of all hard surfaces and touch points throughout the Club
- Spacing out of tables and machines to ensure social distancing
- Increased hand sanitiser stations throughout the Club
- A dedicated Covid Safety Marshall on duty at all times
- Electronic signing in of all Members and Guests with their contact details
- Temperature checks of all Members and Guests on entry
- A venue capacity limit
- Temporary refusal of entry to Victorian Residents
- East West Cuisine and Café will only be accepting bookings up to 10 people. Split bookings are not permitted and tables cannot exceed 10 persons under any circumstances.
- All patrons must be seated – no standing socialising/drinking nor mingling
As always, the safety and wellbeing of our Members, community and staff is paramount and due to the increasing number of recent positive COVID-19 cases in our local area – Mount Druitt, Bungarribee & Wetherill Park, we have decided to temporarily suspend larger gatherings inside our Club to help prevent the spread.
From Friday 24th July 2020 the following changes will occur:
- Monday to Thursday Bingo is temporarily suspended
- Friday night Cash Housie with Kids West is temporarily suspended
We are hoping that the temporary suspensions will only be a few weeks.
Raffles and Entertainment continue to be on hold.
For those bingo and cash housie attendees, please contact the club and provide your name and best contact number and we will call you when bingo and cash housie resumes. Alternatively keep an eye on our facebook page or website for the latest news.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation with these measures and we ask you to assist us with this process by staying home if you feel unwell or have any symptoms associated with Covid-19.
We also ask that if you have visited any of the latest Covid-19 case locations to not visit the Club until your 14 day self-isolation period following your Covid test has concluded and your test results come back negative.
Regards and stay safe everyone
Chief Executive Officer